Happiness seems simple. We all experience it at some point or another. But when you think about it, happiness can be quite complicated. Emotions are a different experience for everyone, and each individual’s baseline- is determined by genes and personality traits. Circumstances and daily activities make up the rest of the puzzle.
The World Happiness Report is a survey and ranking of 155 countries by their level of happiness, taking into account six key indicators: Generosity, Freedom, Health, Trustworthy governance, Income and Social support.
The Happiest Places on Earth.
According to World Happiness Report, the happiest countries of 2017 are:
- New Zealand
America isn’t i the top 10. US ranks No. 14 on the list. Perhaps we can take some pointers from those happy Scandinavians!
Looking for ways to be happier?
Smiling, even when you don’t feel like it seems to affect positive change in your mood. Other few things are: To stream music, read inspiring articles, meditate, enjoy a nature walk, travel, spend quality time with your pet and reflect on something you’re grateful for at the end of every day. 🙂
These 7 essentials to improve self-health. To make positive changes in the seven key areas that influence health and wellness.
- Structure= Body and musculoskeletal health (massage, Acupuncture, Chiropractor)
- Diet & Nutrition= what you eat and drink (eat whole food not processed food. Drink water instead of Sodas)
- Digestion= having enzymes to digest food well and eliminating the waste products.
- Hormones= Balanced endocrine system. Especially for women health (PMS, menopause)
- Exercise= Activity is important
- Stress= manage emotional, physical and nutritional stress (from intake of artificial food)
- Thoughts= What you think about affects your health. You can’t have positive life with negative attitude.
Extreme fluctuation in weather can put stress on immune system. Lower immune system means easy to catch cold & flu.
Here are some tips to prevent flu:
- Avoid sick people
- Wash your hands often
- Breathe clean air (air purifier)
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Keep warm (wear a scarf)
- Get more movement, sun, and fresh air
- Get 8 hours of sleep
- Avoid negativity
- Preventative natural medicine (boost immune system)
The best prevention during cold & flu is to get your immune system stronger.
4 Stages of Healing
1. Acute inflammation Stage: (48- 72 hours) May have minute muscle tears which has inflammation response and lactic acid in body. Acute injury, weight lifting, bootcamp workouts, etc.
2. Reparative Stage: (48 hours – 6 weeks). This has both inflammation and healing stage of body.
3. Rehab, Remodeling or Toughing: (3 weeks- 12 months). Take longer for body to heal and repair the tissue damage.
4. Restorative Stage: (Chronic- Over 12 months +). Severe tissue damage or severe injuries.
White Flower oil- for acute injury/ inflammation. (Cooling oil)
Red flower oil- for chronic conditions. (Heat oil- After 6- 8 weeks)
Tech neck syndrome is getting increasingly prominent between the ages of 15 and 40. It’s caused by stress of carrying the compounded weight of the head as it looks down at a smartphone or computer for long periods of time. Its also referred to as “text neck,” the forward head position increases stress to the spine particularly the cervico-thoracic junction. Creating an abnormal muscle pattern resulting in tight muscles where there should be relaxed ones and vice versa.
Its challenging to properly treat this condition in addition to activities that stretch and strengthen the neck and spine also recommend taking joint health supplements and herbs. (info on last month blog)