Traditional use of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) are vast. To name a few, it has been used to ease digestion, aid in flu prevention, reduce inflammation, regulate pH balance, alleviate allergic symptoms, ease nausea and heartburn, detox regimens, and for a number of skin conditions. ACV also does seem to show some potential for managing hunger and weight control.
A study published in the Journal of Functional Foods found that sipping on apple cider vinegar before a meal can help reduce the release of sugar into the blood and improve insulin sensitivity.
Also remember to only purchase raw, unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar like Bragg’s or Spectrum Naturals apple cider vinegar. Try mixing 2 tablespoon into a glass of warm water with some lemon juice, and drink everyday.
50 Superfoods that can help lower your risk of….
Below are some of the suggestions. There are a lot of other foods that are also healthy to eat.
|Cardio health||Hypertension||Bone health||Anti-cancer|
Salmon, pink (with bones)
High fiber Cereals
So stay Healthy as your lunch can crunch disease….
These 7 essentials to improve self-health. To make positive changes in the seven key areas that influence health and wellness.
- Structure= Body and musculoskeletal health (massage, Acupuncture, Chiropractor)
- Diet & Nutrition= what you eat and drink (eat whole food not processed food. Drink water instead of Sodas)
- Digestion= having enzymes to digest food well and eliminating the waste products.
- Hormones= Balanced endocrine system. Especially for women health (PMS, menopause)
- Exercise= Activity is important
- Stress= manage emotional, physical and nutritional stress (from intake of artificial food)
- Thoughts= What you think about affects your health. You can’t have positive life with negative attitude.
Extreme fluctuation in weather can put stress on immune system. Lower immune system means easy to catch cold & flu.
Here are some tips to prevent flu:
- Avoid sick people
- Wash your hands often
- Breathe clean air (air purifier)
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Keep warm (wear a scarf)
- Get more movement, sun, and fresh air
- Get 8 hours of sleep
- Avoid negativity
- Preventative natural medicine (boost immune system)
The best prevention during cold & flu is to get your immune system stronger.
4 Stages of Healing
1. Acute inflammation Stage: (48- 72 hours) May have minute muscle tears which has inflammation response and lactic acid in body. Acute injury, weight lifting, bootcamp workouts, etc.
2. Reparative Stage: (48 hours – 6 weeks). This has both inflammation and healing stage of body.
3. Rehab, Remodeling or Toughing: (3 weeks- 12 months). Take longer for body to heal and repair the tissue damage.
4. Restorative Stage: (Chronic- Over 12 months +). Severe tissue damage or severe injuries.
White Flower oil- for acute injury/ inflammation. (Cooling oil)
Red flower oil- for chronic conditions. (Heat oil- After 6- 8 weeks)
Cod Liver Oil is better than ordinary Fish Oil because it has naturally occurring vitamins A and D along with omega-3 fatty acids and also small amounts of naturally occurring CoQ10.
Other Benefits of Cod Liver Oil:
- Supports immune system response
- Supports healthy eyes and skin
- Supports epithelial tissue
- Supports bone and tooth health
- Supports musculoskeletal system
- Supports the body’s natural inflammatory response function
- May support mood challenges and liver function
So instead of only consuming EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty, Cod Liver Oil has many benefits for healthy living.
Tech neck syndrome is getting increasingly prominent between the ages of 15 and 40. It’s caused by stress of carrying the compounded weight of the head as it looks down at a smartphone or computer for long periods of time. Its also referred to as “text neck,” the forward head position increases stress to the spine particularly the cervico-thoracic junction. Creating an abnormal muscle pattern resulting in tight muscles where there should be relaxed ones and vice versa.
Its challenging to properly treat this condition in addition to activities that stretch and strengthen the neck and spine also recommend taking joint health supplements and herbs. (info on last month blog)