Traditional use of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) are vast. To name a few, it has been used to ease digestion, aid in flu prevention, reduce inflammation, regulate pH balance, alleviate allergic symptoms, ease nausea and heartburn, detox regimens, and for a number of skin conditions. ACV also does seem to show some potential for managing hunger and weight control.
A study published in the Journal of Functional Foods found that sipping on apple cider vinegar before a meal can help reduce the release of sugar into the blood and improve insulin sensitivity.
Also remember to only purchase raw, unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar like Bragg’s or Spectrum Naturals apple cider vinegar. Try mixing 2 tablespoon into a glass of warm water with some lemon juice, and drink everyday.
Inflammation can be good and bad for the body. If you have ever injured yourself, it becomes swollen and warm. That’s good/healthy inflammation as the immune system is healing the body. But when the immune system goes into overdrive and starts attacking healthy cells and tissues that is bad and unhealthy inflammation. If inflammation is ignored it becomes chronic and can lead to debilitating conditions and diseases, like autoimmune, IBS, arthritis, and premature aging.
Common signs of inflammation include:
- Joint pains
- Bloating and digestive problems
- Skin issues- acne, rashes, dry patches, etc.
Top 8 Anti-inflammatory foods:
- Wild Salmon– has the omega-3 fatty acids. Wild caught salmon has shown most effective anti-inflammatory agents. Other sources of omega-3 to be added in your diet are herring, sardines, and anchovies.
- Turmeric– active component curcumin has been used for centuries in east medicine.
- Dark Chocolate (80% cacao or higher)- contains the phytonutrient resveratrol. Its also an antioxidant in red wine. Resveratrol has been shown to protect DNA, flight inflammation and protect cells from free radicals.
- Green Tea– an antioxidant has been very popular in Asia. It plays significant role in reducing cardiovascular disease, preventing cancer and lower rates of neurocognitive decline.
- Chili Peppers– The anti-inflammatory capsaicin in chili peppers has a bonus ability as a painkiller too.
- Coconut Oil– is full of healthy fats which helps burn body fat and improve brain function. It’s also anti-inflammatory so make it the cooking oil of choice.
- Ginger– provides boost to immune system and has healing properties. Ginger’s ability to modulate the immune system makes it powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Green Vegetables (Broccoli, Swiss Chard, Bok Choy)- contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals. Green vegetables are high in antioxidants that fight free radicals and prevent and reduce inflammation in the body.
Your diet is important factor determining your level of inflammation and your overall health. Processed foods, sugar, fried foods and alcohol must be limited/ avoided in order to keep inflammation low.
Here is the list of Gluten free grains. Stay Healthy and away from GMO products.
50 Superfoods that can help lower your risk of….
Below are some of the suggestions. There are a lot of other foods that are also healthy to eat.
|Cardio health||Hypertension||Bone health||Anti-cancer|
Salmon, pink (with bones)
High fiber Cereals
So stay Healthy as your lunch can crunch disease….
Extreme fluctuation in weather can put stress on immune system. Lower immune system means easy to catch cold & flu.
Here are some tips to prevent flu:
- Avoid sick people
- Wash your hands often
- Breathe clean air (air purifier)
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Keep warm (wear a scarf)
- Get more movement, sun, and fresh air
- Get 8 hours of sleep
- Avoid negativity
- Preventative natural medicine (boost immune system)
The best prevention during cold & flu is to get your immune system stronger.
How to Deal with All the Pollution?
Limit your exposure.
Replace the substances in the house, yard, and skin care products with clean natural alternatives.
Avoid processed food, eat fresh and organic.
Tune up the body’s natural detoxification ability. Supplement with Vitamins and Minerals to boost your immune system.
Perform a whole body purification/ detoxification a minimum of once per year.
Blood passes thru liver at the rate of three pints per minute.The most metabolic organ has 600 known functions.
- Carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism
- Storage of glycogen, Vitamins A, D, B, iron, & copper
- Detoxifies substances
Only organ to have two separate sources of blood supply
- Hepatic artery
- Portal vein
Foods That May Support Phase One Modulation
Nutritional yeast, Whole grains, Brassicas, Citrus, Green tea, Berries
Foods That May Support Phase Two Modulation
Glutathione: Brassicas, asparagus, avocado, walnuts
Amino Acid: Protein-rich foods (high quality meats), glycine
Methylation: Green leafies (folate), Beets (betaine), eggs (choline), meats (B12).
Sulfation: Egg yolks, red pepper, garlic, onion, shallots, brassicas
Glucuronidation: Sulfur-rich foods above, citrus fruits
Acetylation: Yeast, whole grains, peppers (B vitamins), cabbage, citrus fruits (vitamin C)