8 Foods to boost your Mood and calm Nerves
- Dark green leafy vegetables
Spinach, kale and other dark greens are high in folate. Folate helps us to make serotonin and dopamine. Both of these are neurotransmitters that fight depression and stress.
Turkey is one of those foods that is linked to happy memories and that is good for us too! It is high in tryptophan. Tryptophan is an amino acid that shifts to serotonin in our bodies. When we eat foods high in tryptophan we are less likely to argue. Other foods high in tryptophan include cage-free eggs and pumpkin seeds.
- Foods that are fermented
We know you are thinking of wine and beer here, but let’s look elsewhere! When a food is fermented it contains good bacteria that can help boost your mood.Good choices include yogurt and kombucha tea.
- Wild caught salmon
Wild salmon is good for us for so many reasons, and it is a mood booster too. Salmon contains omega-3 fats that studies show helps cut anxiety by 20%.
Blueberries and blackberries both contain anthocyanins. These are what gives them their deep color. They also help the brain make dopamine, a good mood chemical. Blueberries also help us build more of the white blood cells that boost the immune system.
Did you know that these delicious nuts help to dilate your arteries? This means that you have less vascular constriction, and that means less stress on your heart.
- Dark chocolate
Chocolate makes us feel better for lots of reasons. In addition to its delicious taste, it also contains anandamide. This is a neurotransmitter that blocks pain and depression. One study showed that eating just 1.5 ounces of dark chocolate a day makes us feel calmer.
The delicious green fruit gives us loads of minerals and vitamins and healthy fat. It also keeps our moods steady by helping us to feel full and controlling our blood sugars.
6 Essential ways your Kidneys are keeping you alive right now….
- Your Kidneys filter all of your blood every hour. All of your blood passes through your kidneys every four minutes.
- Your kidneys help regulate your blood pressure.
- Your kidneys are responsible for assimilating vitamins and nutrients. Low blood sugar, headache, fatigue, drowsiness, low energy- these are all linked to poor nutrient assimilation by your kidneys.
- Your kidneys manage the production of red blood cells. Your red blood cells carry oxygen to every cell in your body. If your kidneys are not working efficiently, your red blood cell count can waver drastically.
- Your kidneys help to regular all body fluids. If you suffer from dehydration (too little water) or edema (too much water), your kidneys are definitely out of balance.
- Your kidneys are the only organ that produces active Vitamin D for you. Vitamin D promotes strong, healthy bones and reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease, hypertension and osteoporosis.
So for these top reasons everyone needs to cleanse their Kidneys.
4 Stages of Healing
1. Acute inflammation Stage: (48- 72 hours) May have minute muscle tears which has inflammation response and lactic acid in body. Acute injury, weight lifting, bootcamp workouts, etc.
2. Reparative Stage: (48 hours – 6 weeks). This has both inflammation and healing stage of body.
3. Rehab, Remodeling or Toughing: (3 weeks- 12 months). Take longer for body to heal and repair the tissue damage.
4. Restorative Stage: (Chronic- Over 12 months +). Severe tissue damage or severe injuries.
White Flower oil- for acute injury/ inflammation. (Cooling oil)
Red flower oil- for chronic conditions. (Heat oil- After 6- 8 weeks)
Cod Liver Oil is better than ordinary Fish Oil because it has naturally occurring vitamins A and D along with omega-3 fatty acids and also small amounts of naturally occurring CoQ10.
Other Benefits of Cod Liver Oil:
- Supports immune system response
- Supports healthy eyes and skin
- Supports epithelial tissue
- Supports bone and tooth health
- Supports musculoskeletal system
- Supports the body’s natural inflammatory response function
- May support mood challenges and liver function
So instead of only consuming EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty, Cod Liver Oil has many benefits for healthy living.
In our GI tract the pH values change many times. From the mouth to the rectum. Drinking alkaline water alters the gut pH as our stomach should be acidic to digest food.
pH changes in the GI tract
Mouth: 5.6- 7.4
Stomach: 1.5- 3.5/5
Duodenum: 5- 7.5 (Lactobacillus instrumental in maintaining)
Large Intestine: 5-7
Our Blood is alkaline base about 7.2- 7.4. Taking trace minerals supplements creates alkaline balance in the blood.
- If it feels wrong, don’t do it.
- Say “exactly” what you mean.
- Don’t be a people pleaser.
- Trust your instincts.
- Never speak bad about yourself.
- Never give up on your dreams.
- Don’t be afraid to say “No”.
- Don’t be afraid to say “Yes”.
- Be KIND to yourself.
- Let go of what you can’t control.
- Stay away from drama & negativity.